Fall Edition of Principal's Newsletter - http://www.sbschools.org/schools/sbhs/school_information/docs/Fall_Parent_Newsletter_2016.pdf
News from SBHS
South Brunswick Commission on Women Leadership Conference
The South Brunswick Commission on Women are announcing the opening of the registration for this year's 20th Anniversary Leadership Conference and Career Pathways to be held on March 25, 2017 at SBHS. For more information and access to the registration portal please visit sites.google.com/view/sbwom enscommission. Early registration will assure participation in workshop of your choice!
- Restaurant of the Month – Buffalo Wild Wings, Wednesday, February 22nd
Princeton and North Brunswick locations
Click on the following link and bring with you to help support Project Graduation: Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant of the Month - February 22nd 2017
Save the Date – Tricky Tray, April 29, 2017 - Project Graduation’s Biggest Fundraiser of the Year.
Donations needed – nothing is too small. Click on the following link for donation information. Project Graduation Tricky Tray - April 29, 2017
Thank you for your support.
Community Education offers SAT classes for 11th graders.
Please click on the following link for information regarding SAT classes being offered to 11th graders. This class will begin February 27th, register ASAP, and prepare students for either the May 6 or June 3, 2017 SAT test.
High School is an incredibly formative time. Let Josten’s help you mark these milestones! More information can be found at: http://www.jostens.com/email/class-meeting-1.html…
Upcoming Parent Academy Upcoming Workshops
- Heartfulness Workshop - Please note this workshop was rescheduled due to our school closing and persons already registered, do NOT have to re-register. Are you seeking more balance in your life or your child's? Are you looking for ways to help your child (or yourself) deal with the pressures and stress of daily living? Join us for this important workshop and learn about simple and practical techniques to nurture individual well-being and balanced living: Heartfulness: Guided Relaxation Practice for Balanced Living for Adults & Children to be held on Feb. 27th at Crossroads North Middle School, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 pm. Parents and children over 5 yrs. are invited to attend, however, childcare will also be provided, as usual.
Please click on the following link for more information: Parent Academy Workshop: Heartfulness
- Research & Inquiry: Engaging Students, Encouraging Discovery - Workshop Please join us on February 23rd at 7:00 p.m. in Crossroads Middle School North for our Research & Inquiry: Engaging Students, Encouraging Discovery workshop and learn about exciting changes in the District Science Curriculum. Please click on the following link for additional information: Research & Inquiry: Engaging Students, Encouraging Discovery
9th, 10th, 11th Grades
Course Registration opens Friday, February 10th
Please click on the following link to view a video from our Guidance Department for information on Course Registration
Course Registration for the 2017-2018 school year opens today, Friday, February 10th at 3:00 for current grades 9-11. Registration will close on Friday, February 24th.
Carefully review the course book when making selections. Be sure to select alternate courses that you really would like if your first selection is unavailable. Remember the registration icon is located on the Parent Access.
If you have misplaced or forgotten your Parent Access User Name and Password please contact your child’s counselor or the helpline at 732-798-2460 for assistance.
SBSD Educator & Educational Support Person Recognition Program
We invite you to nominate an educator and/or an educational support person for recognition in this year's SBSD Educator & Educational Support Person Recognition Program. Please click on the following link for information. All nominations are due by March 6, 2017.
An Important Reminder regarding AP Exams
Students can order AP exams beginning January 15, 2017 – February 28, 2017, through Pay-to-Participate. Each exam costs $93.00. The deadline for ordering n AP exam is February 28 - NO EXCEPTIONS! Directions for Ordering: Log onto the South Brunswick High School Website. Select the quick link for Pay-to-Participate. Select “ONLINE PAYMENTS” to register for all Pay-to-Participate and Community Education Programs.
Club Reminder-Pay to Participate ONE LAST CALL
There will be one last call for “Pay to Participate” for club members. We are re-opening the registration from Wednesday, February 08, 2017 to midnight on Friday, February 24, 2017.
Do not forget in order for a student to be an official club member he/she must pay to participate, attend 50% of all club meetings and meet any additional requirements set forth by club advisors. For more information, please contact Mrs. Morris in Activities, your child’s club advisor or visit the Activities Webpage. http://www.sbschools.org/schools/sbhs/activities/club_details.php
Subject Area Honor Societies
Applications for Subject Area Honor Societies are available in Activities, SPS and 11th Grade Office. They are due to Activities by February 24th. Please complete ASAP.
SBHS students are participating in the Measles and Rubella Initiative to help vaccinate a village against the measles and rubella virus. The Students for Public Health Club (formerly ARC Club) are painting hearts in the B hallway of the high school. Students will be able to purchase and decorate their heart for $5.00 starting the week of February 13th and running until February 16th during their lunches. The proceeds will be donated to the Measles and Rubella Initiative. Please help support our hearts hallway to help vaccinate a village.
Measles is one of the most contagious diseases ever known and is an important cause of death and disability among young children worldwide. Rubella can cause sever birth defect. Please join our campaign on February 13th. For more information you can call Donna Moreen in the main health office at ext. 3264.
Black and Gold Friday
Show your Viking Spirit EVERY Friday by wearing your Black and Gold! This is a great way for Staff and Students to participate.
New Spirit Wear & Personalized Options too!
- We have new Black and Gold Items for purchase in the Activities Office. Please be sure to visit during your lunches.
- Looking for something specific? Please check out our new apparel website, coupons are on the way: https://schoolstore.jostens.com/school/new-jersey/monmouth-junction/south-brunswick-high-school
Exclusive Prom Event
On Wednesday, March 1st from 7pm-9pm, David's Bridal of Lawrenceville will be hosting an After Hour's Shopping Event exclusive to all SBHS students attending prom. Students will be able to shop the store after hours, receive discounts and be able to have more of a one on one shopping experience. Come join the Class of 2017 & Class of 2018 for a unique prom experience!
School will not be in session for students tomorrow, Friday, February 17th.
School will be closed on Monday, February 20th in recognition of Presidents’ Day
Have a great weekend…and please remember to like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SBSDSBHS