South Brunswick High School
Tech-Prep: Pathways to Business
What Is Tech-Prep?
- It is the first major federal initiative promoting comprehensive, ongoing links between secondary schools and the college sector. Its foundation lies in the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technology Act of 1990.
- The program focuses on creating articulation agreements with post-secondary institutions so students can jump-start their college careers and start earning college credits while still in high school.
- It provides students with access to a small learning community and a variety of field experiences and offers resources to help students succeed in high school and beyond.
- The program challenges students to meet the rigors of college study to better prepare them for the transition to post-secondary education.
- It also enables students to explore multiple business careers before committing to a specific major.
Tech- Prep at South Brunswick High School
What Is Dual Credit?
- Our model features articulation agreements with both two-year and a four-year postsecondary institutions.
- The program allows students to begin their college career while still in high school by earning dual credit for courses completed at SBHS.
- It offers a seamless transition from secondary school to entry into associate and baccalaureate degree programs at the post-secondary level.
- Dual Credit is earning high school and college credit simultaneously while still in high school.
- All students who enroll in Tech-Prep courses have the ability to earn dual credit.
- SBHS courses are open to students in grades 10-12.