The mission of Indian Fields Elementary School is to educate all children by providing a safe, stimulating, respectful environment which promotes cognitive, social, emotional, artistic, and physical growth. The school will prepare children to have a positive attitude towards learning, to be responsible members of the community and to accept individual differences.
We believe that..........
- Students, staff, families, and the larger community all play a vital role in the education of our children.
- An effective school embraces cultural diversity in an atmosphere of acceptance.
- Respect, cooperation, and communication are necessary among staff members, students, parents, and the community to create a positive learning environment.
- All children have the right to feel safe in school, and this is the responsibility of the school community.
- A safe and caring environment maximizes learning.
- Students need to come to school prepared and ready to take an active role in their learning.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- A variety of teaching strategies, methods, and materials are necessary to promote academic success for all students.
- All students need to be given frequent opportunities to think critically, make appropriate choices, and grow in their ability to express themselves in creative ways.
- Fair and consistent discipline prepares students to become responsible citizens.
- Students can begin to understand their relationship to the greater community by sharing their interests, time, and talents.
- High expectations lead to high achievement for all.