Welcome to Mrs. Pawlak's Class Page!
October 20, 2014
This week the Mooseketeers with be learning nocturnal animals. We will begin by studying the letter "Nn". We will concentrate this week on owls. Please point out the difference in your lips when you make the "Mm" and "Nn" sounds. It is very hard for them to hear the difference. Please choose 3 out of the 4 homework assignments. There will be no homework on a day we have no school.
- Find 5 "Nn"s in newspapers and magazines. Cut them out and glue them on a page in your homework notebook.
- Be a nocturnal animal. With a parent, go into a room and close the lights. Make it as dark as possible. Spend a few minutes to have your eyes acclimate. Draw what you can see.
- With sidewalk chalk, print 5 capital and 5 lowercase "Nn"s.
- Name 2 things that make you the same as owls. Name 2 things that make you different. (The children can dictate their answers to you if they are not yet writing independently.)
Please remember the process is more important than the product. Guiding and helping your children is important. Doing the homework for your child is not helpful. You have already passed kindergarten. Thank you!
- There will be no school on Thursday, October 23, 2014.
- Conference forms will/have been sent home. Please be sure to return the bottom piece of the slip so I know if you are able to attend. I would be happy to reschedule.
- Please remember to send your child in with healthy snacks. Don't forget the utensils.