The Community Education Tuition Assistance program is available to families based on a sliding scale of income and family size. The program follows the NJ State childcare subsidy eligibility guidelines.
Tuition Assistance Instructions:
- Deadline for Summer Camps with assistance is April 15th - this is firm.
- Complete Tuition Assistance Application.
- Copy of one month's worth of paystubs for income earners in family.
- Copy of 2016 Federal 1040 form.
- If your tax form shows self-employment income or business income, you must submit your entire Federal 1040, including self-employment or business income schedules. You may be required to also submit your business' balance sheet year to date.
- Forms can be scanned & emailed to Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org
- Forms can be dropped off at our office: 231 Blackhorse Lane. Secure drop box is located outside of the door.
- Forms can be faxed to 732-348-2110 or mailed to PO Box 701, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852 Attn: Maria Chavkin.
- NOTE: tuition assistance applications will not be processed if there are outstanding fees from any Community Education program.
NOTE: tuition assistance applications will not be processed if income cannot be verified.
- We welcome NJ State Childcare Subsidy contracts (New Jersey Cares for Kids and Work First), contact Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org for more details.
- If we determine that you may be eligible for NJ State childcare subsidies, you will be required to complete the state application (download Community Childcare Solutions Application). Refer to http://www.communitychildcaresolutions.org/ for more details.
SUMMER CAMP 2017 Registration Instructions for Families Interested in Assistance:
- CURRENT BAS & Summer Camp 2016 tuition asssistance families will be automatically pre-qualified to register for camps & only pay deposits.
- Your CP account will be ready in early March--watch for the email from Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org.
- After your account has been pre-qualified, go to the website https://register.communitypass.net
- Enter the community “South Brunswick Community Education Summer Programs, Tennis
and Adult School “ and hit continue.
- Log into your Community Pass account that the school district has set up for you. If you forgot your username/password, click on the option “Forgot your username or password ” and
follow the directions to retrieve your information. If you have never used your school district Community Pass account or your family will be new to SBPS in September 2017, please email email@example.com with your child’s name, home address and the best phone
number to reach you during business hours or call Community Education at 732-297-7800 x3148
so we can set up your account properly.
- DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
- DO NOT USE AN ACCOUNT YOU HAVE WITH A DIFFERENT ORGANIZATION!
- Very Important: You ONLY have to choose the "Tuition Assistance Pre-Qualified" choice for the week/session/time to pay the minimum deposits. DO NOT choose the specific camp name or you will be charged full price. For Enrichment & Sports assistance, email your specific camps choices to Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org
- Deadline to register with assistance is April 15th.
BAS 2016-17 Registration Instructions for Families Interested in Assistance:
All families must register through Community Pass. You will be required to pay only the $50 registration fee with Visa/Mastercard credit or debit card at time of registration. Your monthly tuition award decision will be emailed after you register and email me with your program details. September’s tuition will be due August 19th.
1. Go to the website https://register.communitypass.net
2. Carefully choose the community “South Brunswick Public Schools“ and hit continue.
3. Log into your Community Pass account. If you forgot your username/password, click on the option “Forgot your username or password ” and follow the directions to retrieve your information. Questions about CP, please email Nancy.Kinal@sbschools.org.
4. After logging in, under “Register Now” (Step 1), select the organization “South Brunswick Community Education”
5. Under Step 2 select the activity “2016-17 Before & After School Program”.
6. Very important – When the list of available choices appears, scroll down and select “Tuition Assistance Pre-Qualified – Before and/or After School”. You must choose this for each child. Do not choose the school-specific choice. This is the only way to register with paying only the $50 registration fee. If you don’t choose this, you will be charged full price tuition.
7. Complete the online registration form paying close attention to all required fields.
8. To complete your registration, you need to pay the $50 fee with your MC/VISA.
9. After you complete your transaction, you must email Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org with the following so that we can set up your CP account: child(ren)’s school, AM & PM drop off/pick up schedule, # of days needed.
10. Registration will only be open between July 15th-Aug. 15th. After that your child will be placed on a waitlist and might not begin the program on the first day of school.
Before/After School Program, Day Camps & Full Day Enrichment Camps: Parents need to provide proof of employment income &/or proof that they are students. For dual income families, both parents must provide paystubs &/or school schedules. Tuition Assistance cannot be awarded without these.
Summer Enrichment (partial day) & Sports Camps: Parents need to provide proof of income &/or proof that they attend school. Proof of income can be in the form of employment, unemployment, child support, alimony or disability check stubs.
Before/After School Program 2015-16: July 20th. After that, applications will be accepted on a case by case basis and you may be required to pay full price tuition for September. Applications are reviewed only if all paperwork is completed and payments are up to date.
Summer Camp 2016: Firm Deadline is April 30, 2015. Applications are being reviewed only if all paperwork is completed and deposits are paid.
Contact Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org with any questions.