Before & After School Programs
Our highly-regarded Before and After School Programs operate in all elementary schools, kindergarten through grade 5, in the South Brunswick School District. Most elementary students attend the Before and After School Program at the same school in which they are enrolled for the school day. (Deans students attend the Before and After School Program at Brooks Crossing; Dayton students attend the program at Indian Fields. Students are transported by bus to their respective schools.) Grades 6-8 attend the After School Program at Crossroads North--Club 678. Staff escort Crossroads South students to Club 678. The Before School Program starts as early as 7 am until the start of school (grades K-5 only). The After School Program runs from the end of the school day until 6 pm and a snack is provided. Prices are reasonable and a sibling discount is available. The Before and After School Program follows the age eligibility guidelines of the South Brunswick Township Public Schools.
The Before and After School program provides the opportunity for children to choose from a variety of active and quiet recreational and enrichment activities. Children are encouraged to make their own choices, be creative and pursue individual interests. They assume responsibility for their own behavior, respect the rights of others and keep their environment clean and happy. Programs provide families with a monthly calendar that outlines available choices.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION for the 2016-17 School Year
- The Before & After School Program is a 10 month program, beginning on the first day of school and ending on the last day of school.
- Registration will be open from July 15 to August 15, 2016. After August 15th registrations will be accepted to a waitlist. Students will be taken off of the waitlist in order and will be enrolled into the program as space becomes available.
- Registration is ONLINE through Community Pass. If you have never had a South Brunswick Schools Community Pass account, you will receive a letter in the mail by 7/22 with your temporary username and password, which you will need when you register. If you have CP questions, please email Nancy.Kinal@sbschools.org. If you need a computer to use, please contact Sylvia.Jenkins@sbschools.org or 732-297-7800 x3190.
- First month's tuition & $50 registration fee will be due when your child is taken off of the waitlist.
- Families wishing to begin on futures dates will be placed on a waitlist, and we cannot guarantee a space will be available on your specified start date.
- Families interested in Tuition Assistance must complete their Tuition Assistance Applications as soon as possible and must follow different registration instructions. Contact Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org 732-297-7800 x3175.
|Registration Questions||Sylvia.Jenkins@sbschools.org||732-297-7800 x3190|
|Attendance / BAS Schedule||Sylvia.Jenkins@sbschools.org||732-297-7800 x3196|
Tuition Assistance / NJ State Subsidy information
Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis. Applications are reviewed for eligibility only if all paperwork is completed. Eligibility is based on family size and income. Community Education Tuition Assistance program follows the NJ State childcare subsidy eligibility guidelines. Qualified applicants will be required to complete the NJ State childcare subsidyapplication in addition to the Community Education application. Email questions to Maria.Chavkin@sbschools.org.
In order to be environmentally friendly, we are not mailing handbooks to BAS families. Please download the appropriate PDF above.